Even though Used Cars On-Line is a great resource for searching for used cars for sale by owner and dealer, there are many other invaluable resources out there for the used car buyer.
- Edmunds - This is by far my favorite site for research on pricing. Instead of just giving flat blue book values, Edmunds offers a “True Market Value” appraisal of your car that I’ve found much more accurate then traditional blue books
- Kelley’s Blue Book - Speaking of traditional blue books, Kelley’s is still worth referencing. This is what most loan officers and the DMV will use to appraise your vehicle.
- Carfax - It almost goes without saying that Carfax should be used to check any car you buy. While you cannot rely solely on this to determine if a vehicle has been in an accident (lots of people keep accidents off the books), it’s a good start.
- Credit Check - Before applying for any loan, you should apply for a credit check to make sure your credit report is clean.
- Used Cars On-Line Maintenance Tool - Good maintenance records keep your car running great and give future buyers confidence in your car care.
Do you have other resources you use? Let us know!